This Beloved Burger Chain Will Roll Out a Brand-New Way to Place Your Order
Your car could soon become your waiter, point of sale, and guide whenever you want a burger. At least as far asBurgerFiis concerned. The popular fast-casual chain has just announced a partnership with in-vehicle retail platform MAVI.io which will allow drivers to tell their car their order and rely on it to get them to the pickup point. The whole thing will require no hands and no actual contact with the restaurant, according toQSR Magazine.
MAVI.io是一个全球零售市场吗place that brings curated shopping to the dashboard of your car. The platform streamlines a driver's ability to connect with everything from pharmacies and grocery stores to car wash locations, and, of course, restaurants. The purchasing process is conducted hands-free via voice and data displayed on the vehicle's dashboard screen. The driver simply engages the MAVI.io system, verbally states what they want to buy, and is then met with a list of suitable recommendations. The user next places a specific order, again via voice, and the system coordinates placing the order and GPS guidance, leading the driver to the pickup destination, complete with their own real-time ETA and the status of the order.
BurgerFi will be the first restaurant to launch in-car ordering via new 5G cars debuting next summer as the brand is currently on the leading edge of in-car commerce.
The new platform is but one piece of technology the forward-looking chain is trying out. BurgerFi is also implementing a robotic food delivery (and tray and trash removal) robot that will provide table service for in-house diners. Named Patty the Robot, the automated server is currently in a test phase in one Florida BurgerFi location.
For more, check out:
- This Popular Mexican Chain Is Opening a First-Of-Its-Kind Location Here
- In-N-Out Is Suing This Small Michigan Burger Chain
- This Beloved Burger Chain Is Opening Its First Drive-Thru Next Week
And don't forget tosign up for our newsletterto get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content fromRestaurants
- –5 New Secrets You Didn't Know About McDonald's Food
- –8 Fast-Food Chains With Questionable Ingredient Quality
- –Popeyes Is Giving Away This Free Item Tomorrow
- –4 Most Overpriced Sandwich Chains, According to Customers
- –This High-End Steakhouse Chain Just Raised Its Prices
- –8 Secrets Burger King Doesn't Want You to Know
- –This Is America's Favorite Burger Chain, According to Customers
- –Kids Eat for Free at This Popular Burger Chain in May and June